Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bama and Justin reunited!!!

Well my mom and dad arrived around noon this past Sunday. The 26th. To say that Justin was excited would be a HUGE understatement. It's probably the only time since I moved to Maine, that I almost thought I made a mistake. See the two of them hugging and my mom crying, and it was heart-breaking. That being said, I am not moving. So no worries there. He would not let go of my mom for a second. It was so cute. He had to ride with Bama, sit next to Bama, hold Bama's hand. He was so afraid to let go. My dad is with my mother, but Justin and my mom just have a really strong/tight kind of bond. I was very happy to see my parents. We have our ups and our downs, but they are still mom and dad, and I was very happy to see them and hug them.
Sunday we just went to lunch together, before Robert went to work. For those who don't know, Robert apparently had issues with me working outside of the home, so he decided to take the job that I took. I told him I wanted the extra money so we could get our own house sooner. So he took it.
Anyway, Sunday we just hung out here at the house. I had made my dad cookies, and I made my parents enchiladas for dinner (their favorite thing I make). We had a nice and relaxing evening. They were pooped (had been up since 3:30 a.m.), so they left and went to their hotel around 7.

Well my dad called me and woke me up at 6:45 a.m. Cassie was less than thrilled to be up that early, but hey, how often do they come into town. So we got up and got ready. We went out to breakfast and headed up to Reid state park. After we got lost and finally made it to the park, it seemed like we had been in the car for like 3 days. Anyway... it was a pretty, pretty, day, and it was just beautiful along the coast. Dad treated us to a lobster dinner, and then we headed back home. We did a lot of rock climbing and walking along the shore. It was so beautiful. My mom loves to bird-watch so she got to see quite a few things she does not get to see back home. We were sad though, because my mom did not get to see a Puffin. Oh well!

They decided to take a day to themselves today, so we should probably see them sometime tonight. My parents are taking the boy's birthday present shopping tomorrow, I almost feel bad for them, they have NO idea what they are in for.
Robert works tonight and tomorrow night, so it's just going to be me and the kids hanging out with them. Thursday I don't know what we are doing, but I am having a special dinner for them on their last night here. I am so glad that they were able to make the trip out here.
They hate all the driving to get here and there in Maine, but they have commented over and over agaiin, how beautiful it is here.

Here is a slide show of the past two days.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

i'm so glad you got to spend some time with your mom and dad. looks like justin misses your mom alot. i'm glad you guys were able to do alot of fun things. look like you all had a great week!! enjoy the rest!

J & S Bernard + One said...

the pictures of the reunion were both sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. i understand what you are going through wondering if you did the right thing moving the boys away from their grandparents. grayson and i miss grammy and grandpy so much already-i look forward to the reunions for grayson when he gets older.