Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Justins First Day of School

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERT! Today he is 29!
Well saying goodbye to my parents last week pretty much sucked. We had a wonderful visit, but it's like saying goodbye for the first time all over again. UGH!
I was pretty down on Friday all day. I am doing better now.
On Sunday we took the kids to the Lancaster Fair in New Hampshire. It was such a BEAUTIFUL drive. We drove the white mountains valley. And low and behold we saw not one but two mooses. A mommy and baby moose.

Today was Justin's first day of pre-school. I got him up early (he was not a fan of that), got him in first day of school outfit, got him upstairs to brush his teeth and wanted me to spike his hair. So I am getting him ready to go I am expecting him to tell me any minute now, that he does not want to go. Nope, gets his back pack on, reminds me to grab his lunch and out the door he goes. So we get him to preschool, and NOW for sure the tears and drama is going to come, him wanting mt to not leave him there. NOPE... he comes up to Robert he says let me give you a hug and kiss goodbye. I am choking back tears. He comes up to me, says bye mom, gives me a hug and kiss, and starts playing and talking to his teacher. SERIOUSLY????? I stayed at home with him for 4 years, and that's all I get. YEP. Justin is a big boy now, pretty soon he is going to move out and be married. So I got in the car and SOBBED. My baby is all grown up. I am very anxious to go pick him up and see how his first day was. Think maybe he missed me?

Here is a slide show of the weekend, and Justin this morning.

Love ya!

2 comments:

J & S Bernard + One said...

be thankful justin did so well. haley sobbs every morning she has to go to school. you do not want that-it is heartbeaking and she is in first grade. why cant i view the slideshow?

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

hey cassie, justin looks sooo grown up! what a handsome big boy! it usually is harder on the parents then it is on the kids, except in sarah's case of course :) atleast he liked it! i agree with sarah, it would be harder if they cried when you dropped him off. anyway, i hope you have a great week! let me know when you want to attempt going to the toy library :)