Sunday, July 15, 2007

My First Trip to Rangely

Well I have been hearing about the "alleged" moose that roam around Maine since we moved here in September. Robert was determined to see a moose this weekend. We decided to take the afternoon on Saturday and head up to Rangely. Up on the mountain.... I was "sure" to see a moose. So we had a very nice afternoon up in Rangely. Around 8:30 we decided to head down the mountain and head back home. Well we did not see ONE SINGLE MOOSE. I of course think that this is hysterical. So I look over at Robert and see that he is upset. I asked him what was wrong, and he was upset that we did not run in to one single moose. So he said he wanted to turn around and go back up the mountain. I said "if that will make you happy". So we turned around and went all the way back up the mountain and started our trek back down. Finally saw something move... alas I saw a moose's butt. Robert was excited, I saw a moose. A little further down the mountain, we saw another deer. Stopped and looked at her looking at us. It was so cool, and so quiet. It was neat. Well we kept going down the mountain, and Robert said LOOK! over there! There was a moose and she stopped. And we stopped the car and looked at her for couple minutes. I did not see a moose with antlers, just a girl moose. It was cool and the perfect end to our nice day. I did not get a picture of the moose, because by this time it was too dark.

1 comment:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

sounds like you guys had a great time! i'm glad you didn't go all the way back up the mountain for nothing :). to be honest, i have lived in maine all my life and have only seen 3 moose....lol. thanks for sending the pictures of the boys, they came out really good! talk to you soon.